Singing, Acting and Dancing Classes
Students participate in weekly classes which focus on the fundamentals of vocal production and stage presence while producing 3 Broadway showcases per year.
Broadway Baby Ages 3-5
This fun class is a great introduction to the magic of musical
theatre. The students explore musical theater favorites such as:
Tangled, Princess & the Frog, The King & I, Seussical the
Musical, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Beauty & the Beast -
through story telling, animal exercises, Fairy Tales and
improvisation, as well as voice, singing, musicality, dance, and
movement. This is a wonderful class to build young performer's
self esteem and confidence, by helping them to trust their own
Broadway Kids Ages 5-7
Combine your love of singing, acting and dancing in this
performance-based musical theatre class. Students will learn
the art of musical theatre performance using excerpts from favorite Broadway musicals such as Grease, The King & I, Wicked, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and Beauty & the Beast. Exercises to improve performance technique will involve
vocal and physical warm-ups, musicality, dance and movement, acting through theater games, improvisation, cold
reading, and memorization.
Broadway Bound Ages 8-14
Immerse yourself into the world of musical theatre by learning vocal technique, Broadway dance steps and acting skills. Students will perfect the art of musical theatre song and dance performance using excerpts from favorite Broadway musicals such as Grease, South Pacific, Wicked, Chicago, and Into the Woods. Performers will explore acting through theatre games, improvisation, musical theatre storytelling exercises, and learn what it's like to be "in the moment"-
discover a whole new world of character development.
Tips for Success During the Class:
• Attend every week, even if your child didn’t do their home assignment!
• Be on time and quickly get your class materials ready.
• Pay attention during the lesson.
• Take notes!
How to Support Your Child Between Classes:
• Reinforce class activities at home with regular practicing. Try for 3-4
days per week.
• Attend a makeup class if you missed your regular class. New concepts
are introduced weekly. Check the online home assignment to make sure
don’t miss reviewing any class concepts.
• Schedule 15-20 min regular practice times that match your family’s
routine: before/after school, before/after dinner, etc. Short, daily practice
sessions are more productive than hour- long sessions on the weekend.
• Check the school calendar for vacation, recital, special event dates.
• Communicate with your teacher via school email: Teacher@pacificconservatory.com. They (or the office staff) will respond to all questions and comments.
• Attend musical theatre events in the community. Live music of any genre is motivating and stimulating to students.
• Brings all your materials. Keeps books and binders in your Pacific Conservatory briefcase so it will be easy to find when it’s time to leave for your lesson.